This two-session class covers infant care techniques such as bathing, diapering, dressing and soothing. Participants will have the opportunity for hands-on practices with dolls. The second session focuses on infant safety topics such as safe sleep, car seats and infant CPR.
We also encourage "Grandparents" to register for this class with the expectant parent so they can learn the many changes regarding childcare that have taken place over the years.
Best taken during the 7th month of pregnancy.
Special Instructions: Please feel free to bring drinks/snacks with you to class. Class will start promptly at the designated time, so please allow yourself a few extra minutes to arrive.
- For Wednesday Classes: Sessions 1 and 2 will be held on consecutive Wednesday evenings.
- For Saturday Classes: Session 1 will be held in the morning from 9:30AM-12Noon. Session 2 will be held later that afternoon from 1:00PM-3:30PM. Between sessions, feel free to bring your own lunch or buy lunch in the hospital cafeteria.
Grandparents Fee: $10.00 per Grandparent (Grandparents, please call 610-738-2300 to register at the discounted rate!)
Registration is required. Please Register Online or Call 610-738-2300.
You are encouraged to use our Free Valet. Please look for and follow the signs to "Hospital Entrance."
If the cost of this program presents a financial hardship for you, please call us at 610.738.2300 to find out how you can determine if you qualify for financial assistance.
If you are on a Medical Assistance Plan, or are a patient of Penn Medicine Chester County Hospital's OB Clinic, your class registration will need to be taken over the phone to better assist you.
- Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Wednesday, November 8 & 15, 2017
- Saturday, November 11, 2017
- Wednesday, December 6 & 13, 2017
- Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Wednesday, January 10 & 17, 2018*
- Saturday, January 13, 2018**
- Wednesday, February 7 & 21, 2018*
- Saturday, February 10, 2018**
- Wednesday, March 7-14, 2018*
- Saturday, March 10, 2018**
*Classes held in Conference Room E134 at Chester County Hospital.
**Classes held in Conference Room A & B at Chester County Hospital.
LOCATION and CONTACT INFORMATION
|Chester County Hospital
Mira Conference Room (First floor)
701 East Marshall Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Register by Phone: 610.738.2300