Next Program Begins:
January 15, 2019
10:45 AM - 12 Noon
600 East Marshall Street, Suite 302
West Chester, PA 19380
(Across the street from Chester County Hospital)
Have You Ever Been Told By Your Physician That You:
- Are At Risk for Getting Diabetes?
- Have Pre-Diabetes?
- Have Borderline Diabetes?
- Have High Blood Sugar or Glucose?
- Had Gesttional Diabetes?
If so, you may be at risk for Type 2 Diabetes. Fortunately, there is something you can do about it.
Medicare is now reimbursing for the Medicare Prevention Program (MDPP) and Chester County Hospital is an approved Medicare provider for these services. The MDPP is a year-long program designed to help patients make sustainable lifestyle changes to prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes.
This program will offer eligible patients 23 classes over the course of one year with the goal to prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes with important lifestyle changes.
You May Be Eligible If You Are:
- Enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Have a BMI of > 25 kg/m2 (> 23 if Asian)
- Diagnosed with prediabetes based on one or more of the following blood tests:
- Fasting blood glucose (range 110-125 mg/dL)
- HbA1c (range 5.7-6.4)
- 2 hour post-meal glucose (range 140-199 mg/dl)
- No previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Do not have end-stage renal disease (ESRD)
This service will be billed to Medicare with no out-of-pocket cost to you.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
To Register or Request Additional Information, Call 610.738.2835 or email Kimberly.Beazley@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.