This support group encourages timely and appropriate conversations about motherhood and your feelings as a mom. Facilitated by a Chester County Hospital Maternal Mental Health Specialist, this group provides moms an opportunity to meet other new moms, share ideas and experiences, and to be part of a caring network of support. We invite you to express your joys and fears of caring for your newborn and raising a family, while offering ideas for how to take care of your emotional health, too. Your children and mom-friends are all welcome.
Topics will include:
- How to ask for help.
- Feelings of anxiety/depression.
- Changes in appetite.
- Changes in sleep patterns.
Second Thursday of every month from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM unless otherwise noted. Meeting rooms vary.
- August 19, 2021: This is a virtual, online support group session. Registration Required.
- October 14, 2021: This is a live, in-person support group session. Registration Required.
- November 11, 2021: This is a live, in-person support group session. Registration Required.
- December 9, 2021: This is a live, in-person support group session. Registration Required.
Chester County Hospital
701 East Marshall Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Mitzy Liriano, BSN, MS
Maternal Mental Health Specialist
Please RSVP by calling or emailing the Wednesday prior.
Many women experience some form of a mild mood change from birth to two weeks after delivery, but may last up to one year. If the mood change continues and/or worsens, reach out to your Obstetrician for help or call 911 for immediate assistance.