Radiation Oncology is a medical specialty that uses different forms of radiation to safely and effectively treat cancer and other diseases. Radiation treatment is used to treat cancer, to control the growth of cancer, and to relieve pain and other symptoms. Recent advances in radiation technology are allowing a higher quality of life while minimizing side effects. Radiation therapy may be used alone or in combination with other treatments, such as surgery or chemotherapy.
Penn Radiation Oncology at Chester County Hospital
We don't just treat cancer, we treat your cancer. We work with you to understand who you are, how you live and even where you live to help compose the most personalized treatment plan, that considers every radiation option available today.
As part of the Abramson Cancer Center, which is the largest radiation oncology program in the region, Penn Radiation Oncology at Chester County Hospital has access to the most advanced radiation therapy options available to treat both common and rare cancers.
Our areas of specialization include brain, breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary and prostate, colorectal, gynecologic, head, neck, and lung cancers. In addition to treating patients with cancer, we also treat those with benign (non-cancerous) diseases that can also benefit from radiation treatment.
Our comprehensive plan of treatment includes:
- Physician evaluation and treatment planning for radiation therapy
- Second opinion and consultation services
- Supportive care and symptom management
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for the treatment of prostate and head and neck cancers
Our medical care team consists of:
- Radiation oncology physicians with specialized training in the use of radiation therapy to treat cancer and other diseases
- Radiation oncology nurses who provide important information on symptom management, medications, nutrition, and home care
- Radiation therapists, certified technical personnel who deliver treatment as directed
- Dosimetrists, highly trained staff who work with the physicians to develop individualized computerized treatment plans
- Medical physicists who monitor the equipment and ensure accuracy and precision of treatment delivery
Learn more about the Abramson Cancer Center's comprehensive radiation oncology program: www.PennMedicine.org/RadiationOncology.
LOCATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
|Penn Radiation Oncology
Chester County Hospital
701 East Marshall Street, Ground Floor
West Chester, PA 19380
Hours: Monday-Friday, by appointment