Are you a family caregiver? If you are one of millions of Americans caring for a loved one in the home. The number of family caregivers and their needs are growing daily. As an agency providing homecare, private duty and hospice services, Neighborhood Health is here to support you in every way we can.
What you see here is just a little information we hope you will find useful. We encourage you to seek out all the information you can about your challenge. Find every resource you can through family and friends, social services, churches, and of course us - Neighborhood Health.
What is a Family Caregiver?
A family caregiver is someone who helps another person with personal care, household chores, errands, finances and such. Family caregivers commonly help with things like these:
- Assist someone with things such as grooming, dressing, bathing, eating, moving around the house and toileting.
- Help with the administering of medications.
- Drive someone to and from medical appointments.
- Communicate with healthcare professionals.
- Contact community service organizations such as the Area Agency on Aging or the Alzheimer's Association.
- Help arrange for homecare or hospice services.
- Assist someone in bill paying.
- Help someone clean his or her home or arrange for housecleaning.
- Do home repairs and yard work or arrange for someone else to do so.
The Pennsylvania Homecare Association (PHA), in partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Office of Long-term Living and Long Term Living Training Institute, has launched a series of free, online video courses that cover issues relevant to the training needs of individuals who provide in-home care and services for seniors and people with disabilities.
More Information for Caregivers...
Learn the warning signs of caregiver burnout and what you can do to maintain your commitment level and well-being.
Neighborhood Health offers an extensive array of community outreach programs to serve our community.
Angel Tree Lighting Ceremony December 2, 2018 The Church of the Loving Shepherd -- West Chester, PA.