Interventional Radiology (IR) is a subspecialty of radiology in which minimally invasive procedures are performed using image guidance to diagnose and/or treat medical conditions. Images are used to direct these procedures, which are performed with various small instruments or tools, such as tiny tubes called catheters. The images provide road maps that allow the Interventional Radiologist to guide these instruments through the body to the areas of interest.
At Chester County Hospital, Interventional Radiology Services are provided by a team consisting of Physicians, Radiology Technologists and Registered Nurses. Our fellowship trained and board certified physicians are affiliated with The University of Pennsylvania, and have extensive and diverse expertise which encompasses a broad spectrum of procedures. Our nurses are experienced in caring for patients with complex medical conditions and have backgrounds in critical and intensive care. Our technologists are specialty trained and highly skilled in the operation of the complex equipment used in our interventional facilities.
Vascular and Interventional Radiology specializes in the use of imaging modalities to guide the performance of a wide array of minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, examples of which include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnostic Angiography, Angioplasty and Vascular Stenting
- Biliary Interventions including Transhepatic Biliary Drainage, Common Duct Stenting, and Percutaneous Cholecystostomy
- Image Guided Biopsies
- Transcatheter Embolization
- Catheter-directed Thrombolysis
- Chest Tube Placement (Thoracostomy)
- Dialysis Fistula/Graft Declotting and Interventions
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy/Gastrojejunostomy Placement and Management
- Foreign Body Retrieval
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter Placement and Removal
- Lumbar Puncture and Intrathecal Chemotherapy
- Ovarian Vein Embolization/ Varicocele Embolization
- Percutaneous Abscess Drainage
- Tunnelled Peritoneal Catheters
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Ureteral Stenting and Nephrostomy
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Vascular Access Procedures
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
Our Board-Certified Team of Physicians includes:
- Thomas J. Quinn, M.D., IR Division Director, Chester County Hospital
- Harry Chen, M.D., Division of Community Radiology IR Director
- Lisa Klein, M.D.
- Jonathan Rubin, M.D.
To speak with an Interventional Radiologist, for additional information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 610-431-5030.
In This Section
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) is a method for treating fibroid tumors of the uterus.
Vertebroplasty is an image-guided, non-surgical therapy used to strengthen a broken vertebra weakened by osteoporosis or cancer.