Before you undergo your surgical procedure, your physician will need important medical information. You may be required to have a history and physical, laboratory studies and/or X-rays at the Hospital prior to admission. If you are scheduled for surgery, an anesthesia representative will interview you. Please allow at least two hours for testing purposes.
A Hospital representative will contact you with the date and time for your testing. If you require the use of a wheelchair, please let the Pre-Admission staff know when you schedule your appointment.
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) is located on the Ground Floor of the East Building just inside the Ambulatory Care Center entrance to the Hospital. Valet parking is available at the main entrance of the Hospital.
Before Your Pre-Admission Testing (Step 1)
In order to ensure that your testing is conducted in the most appropriate and efficient manner we ask your cooperation in the following:
- Certain lab tests require fasting, please check with your doctor. If fasting is not required, follow your normal breakfast routine and take prescribed medications.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. This will be helpful if you are to have a cardiogram or physical examination.
- Many options are available for post-operative pain control. Our anesthesia nurse specialist will be glad to discuss this with you at the time of preadmission testing.
- List your medications including dosage and frequency.
The Day Before Your Scheduled Procedure (Step 2)
Please call the Ambulatory Care Center at 610.431.5138 between 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm the day before your procedure for the scheduled time. If your procedure is scheduled for Monday, call on Friday between 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm. If your procedure is scheduled the day after a Holiday, call between 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on the last working day before the Holiday.
The Day Of Your Procedure (Step 3)
There are several important things you should remember:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight including gum or mints, unless specifically instructed.
- Certain medications should not be stopped before surgery. Please obtain instructions from your physician or anesthesia representative in advance concerning medications you should take on the morning of surgery.
- If you develop a cough, cold, flu-like symptoms, fever, or any other unusual symptoms before your surgery, notify your doctor's office immediately.
- Wear loose, simple clothing. Patients should not wear makeup. If you wear contact lenses or glasses, or use a hearing aid bring a case for them.
- All cash, credit cards should be left at home. All jewelry, including body piercings, should be removed and left at home. The Hospital cannot be responsible for valuables and other personal items. You may bring a robe and slippers if you are staying overnight. Children may bring a special small toy or stuffed animal.
- Upon your arrival for your procedure, notify the nurse of all allergies to medication, possible pregnancy, and/or unusual symptoms such as a cold or sore throat.
- Your family may wait to talk to your doctor in the Hospital's Family Lounge.
- Patients returning home following their procedure must be driven home by a responsible adult.
LOCATION and CONTACT INFORMATION
|Chester County Hospital
701 East Marshall Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Pre-Admission Testing: 610.431.5175
Ambulatory Care Center: 610.431.5138