Chester County Hospital is now part of Penn Medicine.
Chester County Hospital has a long and proud tradition of caring for the people of Chester County and surrounding area. The hospital has enjoyed a reputation of always doing the "right thing" for the community, delivering high quality care in a warm and welcoming environment, and treating our employees and Medical Staff with respect. In early September, we announced that we have joined the Penn Medicine family.
Upon announcing the new relationship, Ralph W. Muller, Chief Executive Officer of the University of Pennsylvania Health System, said, "We are excited to welcome Chester County Hospital to the Penn Health System and look forward to the great strides we can make together."
Since our founding in 1892, we have work tirelessly to grow and develop new services to match the growing needs in Chester County. By all measures, we had an outstanding fiscal year.
- Our quality and patient satisfaction measures are among the highest in the region.
- We opened the first 24 rooms of our new patient Tower.
- We installed the new TrueBeam linear accelerator.
- We implemented a new model of care in the Emergency Department that has dramatically improved customer service and reduced treatment times.
- We are well positioned in one of the most attractive markets in the Middle Atlantic region.
- We boast a solid reputation.
- We have an excellent Medical Staff and clinical professionals.
Now, as part of Penn Medicine, Chester County Hospital will continue to transform our organization with the opening of a new orthopedic and surgical unit on the third floor of the Tower (January 2014) and the construction of a brand new, all private-room maternity unit (June 2014).
"This is an exciting time for our organization," says Michael J. Duncan, President and CEO of Chester County Hospital. "We will now blend the best of Chester County Hospital with the remarkable achievements of Penn Medicine to create one of the leading hospitals in the Philadelphia suburbs."
For our patients and community, they will continue to receive the same quality care for which our hospital is known while benefiting from the medical advances and innovation inherent to Penn Medicine.
YOUR LIFE IS WORTH PENN MEDICINE.