During your pregnancy, there will be several routine tests done to assess the health of you and your baby:
- Standard blood pregnancy profile
- Pap smear
- Cultures at your first visit
- Blood tests for diabetes and anemia
- A vaginal culture for Group B beta strep
- We offer everyone a routine screening ultrasound at 20-22 weeks.
- This test is not always covered by insurance. Please check with your plan.
We encourage you to take care of yourself during the pregnancy; that means a balanced diet, regular exercise and an average weight gain of 20-35 lbs. for women with an ideal pre-pregnancy weight. It also means no smoking or illegal drug use. No alcohol intake is the safest advice. If you have problems in any of these areas, we are happy to help you.