The Day Before Your Procedure
Please call the Ambulatory Care Center at 610-431-5138 between 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm the day before your procedure for your scheduled time of arrival. When calling for your procedure time, please have available the name and phone number for the person who will be driving you home or staying with you during your procedure. You may also receive a phone call to review your medical information.
IF YOUR PROCEDURE IS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY:
Call on Friday between 1:30 pm—3:00 pm.
IF YOUR PROCEDURE IS SCHEDULED THE DAY AFTER A HOLIDAY:
Call between 1:30 pm—3:00 pm on the last business day before the holiday.
Bring your insurance cards and any related forms or referrals with you for your Pre-Procedure Testing appointment if scheduled, otherwise bring it on the day of your procedure. The hospital, after receiving information from your physician, will contact your insurance company to verify your benefits. Your coverage may include deductibles and coinsurance amounts for which you are responsible. Copayments are collected on the day of your procedure. Cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
Health insurance policies vary greatly. It is suggested that you contact your carrier to verify your coverage. Chester County Hospital will submit a claim for hospital services to your insurance company. However, certain hospital-based physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners bill separately for their services. These services may not be covered by your insurance. It is best to verify coverage with your insurance company prior to the procedure.
REVIEW THIS IMPORTANT CHECKLIST
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME:
- Itʼs very important that you share information about your medical history.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight including gum, mints, cough drops, etc. You may brush your teeth and spit out any rinse water. If you have been instructed to take medications the day of your surgery, those medications may be taken with a sip of water. If your procedure requires further prep, follow instructions as given.
- Bring a current list of ALL medications, including prescriptions, nonprescription medications and herbal or vitamin supplements. Please include dosages and scheduled times of each.
- Bring a list of allergies and your reaction to them (including latex).
- Please mention use of any street drugs. Be honest. Some street drugs can react dangerously with some anesthesia drugs.
- Please stop all use of tobacco products. They can slow down the healing process.
- Bring photo ID, insurance cards and ID cards for all implanted electronic devices (such as pacemakers, defibrillators, etc.).
- You may wear assistive devices such as glasses, dentures and hearing aids the day of your procedure, but they will need to be removed before anesthesia. Please bring a case for them.
- Remove and leave all jewelry at home. This includes wedding rings and all oral, facial and body piercings. Wearing metal may cause you harm with the new equipment being used in the procedure room.