The Ambulatory Care Center at Chester County Hospital is committed to helping you have the safest and best possible experience. To ensure your safety, the following precautions will be taken before, during and after your surgery:
- Staff and physicians will clean their hands.
- Your ID band will be checked to be sure that you are the correct patient for the procedure, medications and treatments ordered.
- You will be asked if you have any allergies.
- A time out will be taken before your procedure to verify your identity, procedure, equipment needed, medications and/or blood needed and your consent.
- You may be asked to get out of bed and walk depending on the procedure that you are having.
- Be sure to clean your hands and ask your family to clean their hands as well.
This is your chance to ask questions about preparations that need to be made and to discuss any needs you may have. It is important that you are an active partner in your care and wellness.
You will need to have a driver on the day of your procedure for the ride home, and you should not stay alone after your procedure. Transportation and personal arrangements must be made in advance, and a driverʼs name and contact number or location must be given to the admitting nurse. An additional family member/friend must accompany you if going home by cab, limo or car service.
The Ambulatory Care Center is located at the East Entrance of the hospital.
- Hospital Main Telephone: 610-431-5000
- Ambulatory Care Center: 610-431-5138