Every cancer diagnosis comes with plenty to think about. You may have questions that need answers, tests to schedule, treatments to consider, concerns about family members or uncertainty about how the medical system works.
With all of this, someone to help support you and guide you throughout your care may make your journey easier. Nurse Navigators affiliated with The Abramson Cancer Center at Chester County Hospital in West Chester, PA are professionals who can support you and guide you through your cancer care and treatment.
Focused on your comfort and needs, these understanding healthcare experts provide the personalized care you want and deserve when you need it most.
About Our Nurse Navigators
Our Nurse Navigators are experienced professionals with expertise in oncology. From the time you are diagnosed, they are available as dedicated members of your cancer care team to facilitate personalized cancer care for you and your family.
Serving as a link between you, physicians and the services that you will need, Nurse Navigators ensure that appropriate education, support and resources are provided.
- Consulting with you and your family members to describe the comprehensive spectrum of services available.
- Understanding the individual needs of you and your family, and providing the necessary education, information and resource materials.
- Calling and following up with you to ease stress and provide ongoing support and education.
- Assisting with the coordination and scheduling of tests and services to ensure they are done in a timely manner.
- Communicating with physicians, case managers, support services personnel, families and others to ensure that patients receive necessary services.
The Nurse Navigator Program at The Abramson Cancer Center at Chester County Hospital is provided at no cost to the patient.