With the use of the da Vinci Si Surgical System, surgeons can perform advanced minimally invasive surgeries with the help of robotic arms. This provides an alternative to traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, allowing even the most complex and delicate procedures to be completed through small incisions with unmatched precision and accuracy.
The latest in robotic technology, the da Vinci Si consists of four, thin robotic arms that are inserted into strategically placed small incisions (just one or two centimeters long). The surgeon operates from a seated console using hand and foot controls to maneuver the robotic arms. The console provides the surgeon with a 3-dimentional, high definition view of the surgical field - a better view than allowed with an open surgery. This new cutting edge technology truly replicates the experience of open surgery by preserving natural eye-hand-instrument alignment and intuitive instrumental control for the surgeon.
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- Faster return to normal daily activities
- In many cases, better clinical outcomes
da Vinci Si Highlights
- Advanced 3D HD visualization with up to 10x magnification and an immersive view of the operative field
- EndoWrist® instrumentation with dexterity and range of motion far greater than even the human hand
- Intuitive® Motion technology, which replicates the experience of open surgery by preserving natural eye-hand-instrument alignment and intuitive instrument control
- Continual safety self-checks: Over one million safety checks per second to provide the safest and most reliable operation.
- Guided instrument exchange: Ensures efficient and safe exchange of instruments during surgery.
- Widescreen touchscreen: Facilitates team communication. The larger view provides assistants improved visualization of anatomy and instruments entering from the periphery.
- Audio/visual feedback: Alerts ensure that the surgeon and OR team are constantly aware of system status and functions.
The da Vinci Si is currently used at Chester County Hospital to perform Gynecological and Urological procedures. This offering will quickly expand to include additional surgical procedures.
The following physicians have been credentialed by Chester County Hospital for the robotics program:
Single Site Participants:
- Donald H. Andersen, MD, Urology
- James Bollinger, MD, Urology
- Melissa L. Delaney, DO, Gynecology
- Pamela Demnicki, MD, General Surgery
- Christina Ellis, MD, Gynecology
- Steven Fukuchi, MD, General Surgery
- George Henry, MD, Gynecology
- Richard Mansfield, MD, Gynecology
- Eduardo Mercurio, MD, FACOG, Gynecology
- William Merriam, MD, Urology
- Ilene Wong, MD, Urology
For additional information on minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci Si Surgical System, visit www.davincisurgery.com.
In This Section
The da Vinci Single-Site™ surgical system provides all of the benefits of robotic surgery with only one incision point.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Si Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option available today.
Robot-assisted, minimally invasive surgery is quickly becoming the preferred procedure for prostate removal and other urological surgeries.
See robotic surgery in action through the surgeon's eyes. (Caution: these videos are graphic in nature).