This one session class is for pregnant women who are interested in breastfeeding. The program provides practical information helpful in getting breastfeeding off to a successful start. Topics covered include factors impacting milk production, correct latch and positioning, feeding schedules, and problem solving for a successful breastfeeding experience.
We strongly recommend that you take this class if you are planning to be a breastfeeding mom.
Spouses/significant others are encouraged to attend.
Best taken during the 7th month of pregnancy.
Special Instructions: Please feel free to bring drinks/snacks with you to class. Classes will start promptly at the designated time, so please allow yourself a few extra minutes to arrive.
For Saturday Classes: If you are attending both Newborn Care and Breastfeeding classes, feel free to bring your own lunch or buy lunch in the hospital Café.
Registration is required. Please Register Online or Call 610-738-2300.
You are encouraged to use our Free Valet. Please look for and follow the signs to "Hospital Entrance."
If the cost of this program presents a financial hardship for you, please call us at 610.738.2300 to find out how you can determine if you qualify for financial assistance.
If you are on a Medical Assistance Plan, or are a patient of Penn Medicine Chester County Hospital's OB Clinic, your class registration will need to be taken over the phone to better assist you.
- Wednesday October 25, 2017
- Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Wednesday December 20, 2017
- Saturday, January 6, 2018 (9:30AM - 12 Noon)*
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018 (7:00PM - 9:30PM)*
- Saturday, February 3, 2018 (9:30AM - 12 Noon)*
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 (7:00PM - 9:30PM)*
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 (9:30AM - 12 Noon)*
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 (7:00PM - 9:30PM)*
*Classes held in Conference Room E134 at Chester County Hospital.
LOCATION and CONTACT INFORMATION
|Chester County Hospital
Mira Conference Room (First floor)
701 East Marshall Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Register by Phone: 610.738.2300