INTENSIVE PATIENT FOCUSED REHABILITATION FOR TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT
For those who like to take a proactive approach to life, this program works to prepare patients for total joint replacement prior to operation and enables a more aggressive and rapid rehabilitation after surgery.
- Increases joint flexibility problems
- Increases total leg strength
- Controls swelling in the leg
- Increases walking speed and endurance
- Pre-operative rehabilitation to address limitations using aquatics and land-based exercises three-four weeks prior to surgery. Physician referral is needed. Insurance covered.
- Pre-operative education class to prepare you for the surgery, recovery and rehabilitation.
- In-home assessment completed by Neighborhood Health Agencies, Inc. (NHA).
- Five days of intensive daily in-home therapy by NHA followed by two to three weekly visits.
- Five days of intensive outpatient physical therapy at The Center for Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine followed by two to three weekly visits until discharged to self-care.
For more information or to find out if you are an appropriate candidate for this program, call 610.738.2480.
LOCATIONS and CONTACT INFORMATION