This four-week program (one class per week) is specifically designed for individuals with Type I or Type 2 Diabetes on multiple daily injections of insulin, or who are on an insulin pump. Throughout this program participants will learn to minimize the high and low blood sugar readings often associated with insulin requiring diabetes. Individuals will learn how to match insulin to food intake, allowing for better glucose control with greater flexibility. Participants currently on multiple daily injections may choose to go onto an insulin pump after successful completion of this program. Teachings consist of the following:
- Intensive insulin management principles, including basal/bolus concept, and the proper treatment of low and high blood sugars
- Basic and advanced carbohydrate counting
- The use of insulin to carbohydrate ratios for matching insulin to food
- The use of a correction factor or sensitivity to correct high glucose values
- Prevention of diabetes-related complications
- Ongoing communication with referring physicians
Hear from some of our satisfied participants:
- "I really learned a lot from this class and feel much more in control of my diabetes."
- "A wonderful and life-changing experience. Top-notch staff provides invaluable information."
Most services are covered by insurance. All patients must have a prescription from their doctor to receive diabetes education services.
Registration is required. Call 610-738-2835.
Classes will be held virtually, online for four consecutive weeks. Instructions for accessing the online classes will be provided after your register.
LOCATION and CONTACT INFORMATION