Have You Ever Been Told By Your Physician That You:
- Are At Risk for Getting Diabetes?
- Have Pre-Diabetes?
- Have Borderline Diabetes?
- Have High Blood Sugar or Glucose?
- Had Gestational Diabetes?
If so, you may be at risk for Type 2 Diabetes. Fortunately, there is something you can do about it.
The NDPP is a FREE year-long program designed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help patients make sustainable lifestyle changes to prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes.
The NDPP includes 16 core sessions over 6 months, then once a month meetings for 6 more months to help maintain healthy habits.
This program will offer eligible patients classes over the course of one year with the goal to prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes with important lifestyle changes.
You May Be Eligible If You Are:
- Have a BMI of greater than or equal to 24 kg/m2 (greater than or equal to 22 if Asian)
- Diagnosed with prediabetes based on one or more of the following blood tests:
- Fasting blood glucose (range 100-125 mg/dL)
- HbA1c (range 5.7-6.4)
- 2 hour post-meal glucose (range 140-199 mg/dl)
- No previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
Date: Mondays beginning June 21, 2021
Time: 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM
Location: Virtual (Online)
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED:
To Register or Request Additional Information, Call 610-738-2835 or email Diabetes@uphs.upenn.edu.