To be the leading provider of care in the region and a national model for quality, service excellence and fiscal stewardship.
The hospital focuses on five Values that will help to preserve key aspects of its corporate culture while reinforcing and clarifying expectations for the future.
The Values are:
- Innovation - Anticipate, innovate and adapt to a changing environment.
- Collaboration - Advance the team toward our Vision.
- Accountability - Collective and individual accountability for superior results.
- Respect - Value self, others and diversity.
- Excellence - Strive to exceed expectations on quality, safety and satisfaction.
The values are known internally by their acronym, ICARE.
In order to ensure that the patient experience is consistent no matter where it is encountered, we have worked hard to establish a revised set of "BE" service standards that will bridge the culture of Chester County Hospital with other Penn Medicine entities. ICARE to BE Compassionate, Present, Empowered, Collaborative and Accountable will "be" our adjusted moniker and will ensure that wherever our patients are being treated - throughout our region and at various Penn Medicine touch points - they will receive the same thoughtfulness and consistency in care that is delivered here.