Chester County Hospital provides quality medical and nursing services without discrimination based upon age, sex, race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, culture, language, socioeconomic status, domestic or sexual violence victim status, source of income or source of payment. Although reimbursement for services rendered is critical to the operation and stability of Chester County Hospital, it is recognized that not all individuals possess the ability to purchase essential medical services and further that our mission is to serve the community with respect to providing health care services and health care education.
Therefore, in keeping with this hospital's commitment to serve all members of its community, it provides:
- Free care and/or subsidized care;
- Care at or below costs to persons covered by governmental programs;
- Health activities and programs to support the community are considered where the need and/or an individual's inability to pay co-exist. These activities include wellness programs, community education programs, and special programs for the elderly, handicapped, medically underserved, and a variety of broad community support activities.
EMERGENCY CARE IS PROVIDED 24-HOURS-A-DAY AND IS ACCESSIBLE TO ALL REGARDLESS OF A PERSON'S ABILITY TO PAY.
Chester County Hospital provides care to persons covered by governmental programs at or below cost. Recognizing its mission to the community, services are provided to both Medicare and Medicaid patients. To the extent reimbursement is below cost, Chester County Hospital recognizes these amounts as charity care in meeting its mission to the entire community.
COMMITTED TO COMMUNITY
Facts and Figures:
- BEDS: 243 licensed
- ADULT ADMISSIONS: 13,298
- OUTPATIENT TESTS AND PROCEDURES:466,039
- EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT VISITS:45,317
- BIRTHS: 2,619
- EMPLOYEES: 2,337
- PHYSICIANS: 595
CHESTER COUNTY HOSPITAL, WHICH IS PART OF PENN MEDICINE, IS AN ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO THE HEALTH AND WELLBEING OF THE PEOPLE IN CHESTER COUNTY AND SURROUNDING AREAS.