Monthly meeting for individuals with diabetes and their family members. The focus of the meeting is ongoing support, sharing of day-to-day experiences and updates in diabetes management.
Meetings are held in the Wellness Classroom at 600 East Marshall Street, Suite 302 (across the street from Chester County Hospital) unless noted.
Hours: 7 - 8:30 p.m. (unless noted)
: FREE (unless noted)
: No registration is required (unless noted)
Sessions and Topics for Summer/Autumn 2017
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Topic: Gut Health and Diabetes
- Speaker: Patricia Davidson, DCN, RDN, LDN, CDE, Assistant Professor of Nutrition, West Chester University
Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Topic: Fats and Diabetes
- Speaker: Maureen Boccella, MS, RD, CDE.LDN, Dietitian and Diabetes Educator, Chester County Hospital
Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Topic: Update on Sweeteners
- Speaker: Kimberly Knipe, MBA, RD, LDN, Coordinator of Community Nutrition, Chester County Hospital
- Topic: Diabetes Medication Update
- Speaker: Neema Chokshi, MD, Endocrinologist, Gateway Endocrinology
(No Support Group in December).
LOCATION and CONTACT INFORMATION
(Across the street from Chester County Hospital)
600 East Marshall St Building, Suite 302
West Chester, PA 19380
Phone: 610.738.2835 No registration is required (unless noted).
Hours: 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Fee: Free (unless noted)