Participating insurances for the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Pennsylvania Hospital, Chester County Hospital, New Jersey facilities and PA & NJ physician groups (excluding Princeton Health). Some NJ physicians may have individual contract agreements with additional plans (including NJ Managed Medicaid plans), please call 800-789-7366 (PENN) to verify. The list below is for reference only and is subject to change.
You can access plan listings for other Penn Medicine hospitals at the following:
Please contact the member services department of your insurance company for specific details before receiving services, as our hospitals may participate in some, but not all, products offered by a health plan. Coverage limitations are dependent on individual group contracts. Your policy may have stipulations regarding authorization or laboratory location requirements. Call 800-789-7366 (PENN) with questions or to schedule an appointment.
NOTE: Contracts marked with an asterisk (*) are for Transplant services in our Philadelphia locations. Please call 800-789-7366 (PENN) for more information.
Medical Assistance Managed Care (Medicaid)
- AARP MedicareComplete - United Healthcare (HMO)
AARP MedicareComplete Choice - United Healthcare (Local PPO)
- Aetna - Basic, Smart Choice, Premier, Silver, Standard, Elite (HMO) Gold, Silver, Standard (PPO)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association National Medicare Advantage (Blue Card PPO)
- Cigna HealthSpring - Preferred, Preferred Plus, Advantage (HMO), Total Care, Traditions, Achieve (HMO-SNP)
- Clover Health - Choice, Choice Value (PPO) (excludes Chester County Hospital)
- Coventry - Advantra Silver, Advantra Southeast Prime (HMO) Cares (SNP) Advantra Gold, AdvantraOne (PPO)
- Dual Complete/Dual Complete ONE - United Healthcare (HMO-SNP)
- Gateway Health Plan - Assured Diamond, Ruby (HMO-SNP) (excludes Chester County Hospital)
- Geisinger Health Plan - Gold Classic (HMO), Gold Secure (SNP), Gold Preferred (PPO) (excludes Chester County Hospital)
- Health Partners - Prime, Special (HMO, SNP)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ - Blue Access, Blue Value, Blue Choice (HMO) Blue, Blue Group (PPO) (Chester County Hospital participates in the PPO/POS Blue Card program)
- Independence Blue Cross - Personal Choice 65 (PPO)
- Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO, SNP) (excludes Chester County Hospital)
- Keystone Health Plan East - Keystone65 Select, Preferred, Basic (HMO)
- Medicare - Traditional (Red, white and blue card)
- Mercy Life (Dual Eligible)
- PA Health & Wellness - Allwell (HMO SNP)
- UHC Assisted Living, UHC Nursing Home Plan 2 - United Healthcare (PPO)
- UnitedHealthcare (NJ residents will need to activate their Passport option, if available, to see PA providers)
NOTE: United Healthcare NJ residents will need to activate their Passport, if available, to see a PA provider. Dual eligible members are individuals who are entitled to Medicare Part A and/or Part B and are eligible for some form of Medicaid benefit.
Health Insurance Marketplace/Exchange
Community Healthchoices (CHC)
Effective January 24, 2019