As a leading provider of health care services, Chester County Hospital is endeavoring to be responsible stewards of the vaccines we received from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
We are aware that the Pennsylvania Department of Health has expanded the 1A vaccine recipient category to include a number of other individuals and groups such as people age 65 and older, and those under 65 with certain health conditions.
However, due to the limited supply we have of vaccine, Chester County Hospital is only able to vaccinate 1A healthcare and first responder personnel. If you are part of the expanded 1A recipient category (65 + years old or aged 16-64 with high-risk conditions), please CLICK HERE to apply for vaccination. We will evaluate our vaccine supply and staffing to determine if and when we can include you.
Applying for vaccine with Chester County Hospital does not guarantee you will receive vaccine from us. You will be added to our list of 1A requestors and will be randomly selected for vaccine as the supply permits.
Please Note: This is a Temporary Service to our community until such time as other options become available.
You can also visit www.chesco.org to register for vaccine.
We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Vaccines for Non-Affiliated Health Care Workers in 1A Category:
To date, Chester County Hospital has administered 41.98% of its allocated vaccine supply to Non-Affiliated 1A Health Care personnel.
We will continue to provide vaccine to Non-Affiliated 1A Health Care personnel dependent on the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
- Resource Availability: In order to safely administer vaccine, Chester County Hospital must have available personnel and COVID mandated space for inoculation.
Please Note: Vaccination at Chester County Hospital of Non-Affiliated 1A Health Care personnel is a Temporary Service to our community until such time as other options become available.
We DO NOT OFFER WALK-IN VACCINATIONS under any circumstances.
Once a Health Care Worker receives their first vaccine at Chester County Hospital, they will be obligated to return to us for a second dose.
Please, do not come to Chester County Hospital without a prescheduled appointment. We will not vaccinate Non – Affiliated Health Care Workers in the 1A Category without an appointment.
Non – Affiliated Health Care Workers in 1A Category Enrollment:
CLICK HERE to apply individually for vaccination if you meet the definition of Non-Affiliated 1A Health Care personnel as defined by the PA DOH Interim COVID-19 Vaccination Plan. If you are part of a practice seeking vaccination, DO NOT apply as an individual. Instead, please fill the form below to register your practice.
Questions about the vaccine, potential side effects, its efficacy or the Emergency Use Authorization can be addressed by visiting the PA DOH website.
- "Health care personnel" are defined by ACIP as paid and unpaid persons serving in healthcare settings who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials. These healthcare personnel may include, but are not limited to, emergency medical services personnel, nurses, nursing assistants, physicians, technicians, therapists, phlebotomists, pharmacists, students and trainees, direct support professionals, clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities, contractual staff not employed by the healthcare facility, and persons (e.g., clerical, dietary, environmental services, laundry, security, maintenance, engineering and facilities management, administrative, billing, and volunteer personnel) not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious agents that can be transmitted from healthcare personnel and patients.
- "Health care settings" refers to the CDC definition of the places where healthcare is delivered and includes, but is not limited to, acute care facilities, long term care facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, nursing home and assisted living facilities, home healthcare, vehicles where healthcare is delivered (e.g., mobile clinics), and outpatient facilities, such as dialysis centers, physician offices, adult day facilities and others.
- Enrolled vaccine providers should sub-prioritize "COVID-19 facing healthcare personnel" and vaccinate them first. In the event that there is insufficient supply, "high-risk" COVID-19-facing healthcare personnel should be further sub-prioritized.
- This includes health care personnel who work in COVID-19-facing units, who also have direct contact (within 6 feet) of patients to initially receive the vaccination, and who have not been infected with COVID-19 in the past 90 days. A "COVID-19-facing unit"; is an area of a healthcare facility that is expected to care for individuals with COVID-19. This includes emergency departments, intensive care units, inpatient medical or surgical floors in acute care facilities, emergency medical services units, outpatient respiratory care clinics, and urgent care centers.
- In the event that there is insufficient supply to cover all COVID-19-facing health care personnel, "high-risk" COVID-19-facing healthcare personnel should be further sub-prioritized. COVID-19-facing healthcare personnel who are 65 years of age or older or have underlying medical conditions causing increased risk for severe COVID-19, as identified by the CDC, are the highest-risk COVID-19-facing healthcare personnel.
- Enrolled providers should consider infusion centers providing monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19 and healthcare personnel collecting samples for COVID-19 testing.
Application for Enrollment:
Please complete and submit the application form below. We will be in contact with you within 24 hours to discuss next steps for submitting individuals in the Non – Affiliated Health Care Workers 1A category.
Please take the time to consult the PA DOH website listing for other vaccine providers (health systems, other hospitals and FQHC and pharmacies) who may be able to meet your need.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently offering vaccine only to health care personnel who practice in Chester County, PA or Delaware County, PA.