Chester County Hospital's new patient tower, part of the hospital's history-making expansion project, features 99 private patient rooms, making privacy and comfort top priorities. The Tower has four patient floors and is accessible via the Main Entrance and the new Pavilion elevators. The hospital's Critical Care Unit and three existing Medical-Surgical units relocated to this expansive space in the spring of 2020.
Patient and Community Benefits:
- Same patient-centered design as the Lasko Tower
- Serene, healing view of green roof and natural light-filled rooms - optimal for healing
- Private patient bathrooms featuring modern European showers
- *Care and access to vital health history information with the touch of a button - available at all Penn Medicine facilities
- Seamless and efficient patient flow
- Rooftop helipad for expedited access to emergent treatment
- Additional spaces for calm reflection on each floor
Green Roof Installation
This green space is in view for many of the new 99 private patient rooms and aids in patient healing. Penn's Urban Health Lab has found that access to green views is associated with improved general mental health, reduced mental fatigue, and improved coping with stressful situations.
*MyPennMedicine and the Health System's electronic medical record, PennChart, provide the peace of mind that no matter where an individual may be at the time they need treatment, Penn Medicine can care for them and have their records with the touch of a button. These benefits don't come at the cost of the community feel - the doctors, nurses and staff you've been seeing throughout you and your family's lives are still here for you.